The newest building in the Village is The Kimble House. It was originally located on County Rd. 49 and was constructed on property owned by Ross Kimble in approximately 1865. The house was rented or loaned to Levi Kimble. He and his wife Elizabeth Irwin raised their six children here. In 1960 the Kimble house was relocated to Highway 36 south of Bobcaygeon where it was renovated and an addition constructed. In 2011, new owners of the property approached Settlers’ Village with the news that they were going to demolish the building and offered the building to the Village. The Board of Directors were aware of the need for additional space to accommodate youth programs on site and accepted the offer of the donated building. Peter Katcher, owner of Pollard House Moving, moved the structure to KSV in November of 2011. Renovations were carried out during the winter of 2011-2012 and the building was used for the school class visits and summer camps in 2012. The Board of Directors decided to name the structure the Kimble House in recognition of the original owner. Special thank you to the City of Kawartha Lakes Parks, Recreation & Culture Division for providing funding for the repairs to the Kimble House.